- Building & Zoning
Building & Zoning
City Squared Online Permitting System & Contractor Registration
- Permit requests and contractor registration(s) are processed through City Squared. Please register online and complete the bond form.
- Permitting and contractor registration is online ONLY. We have transitioned to digital submittal and plan review.
- Once your permit is approved and fees are paid, we will email you the approved permit, inspection card, plan approval, and digitally stamped drawings for the applicant to print off and have on the construction site.
- Online Help Files
- Payment is not required up front upon submission of applications, request for payment will be sent to the email provided on the application.
- There is a convenience fee of 3% for online charges.
- Inspections are to be scheduled by online through City Squared or calling the Building & Zoning Department at 614-481-6220. The inspection cut off time is 3:00p.m. the prior day or 3:00p.m. on Friday for the following Monday.
Communications from the Building Official: We are committed to the safe and timely completion of building projects by ensuring Code compliance and sound construction practices for the City of Grandview Heights and the Village of Marble Cliff. If you are submitting construction drawings with permits, please adhere to these specifications. For temporary curb, please refer here.
Except in the case of an emergency, the following activities conducted outside of an enclosed building are hereby determined to create or constitute unduly loud, disturbing, unhealthy and unnecessary noise shall not be performed within the city limits on Monday through Saturday between 8:00 pm and 7:00 am, or at any time on Sunday per City ordinance:
- Commercial garbage collection
- Pile drivers, excavation equipment, pneumatic hammers, derricks, hoists and other similar equipment
- Loading and unloading
The Building and Zoning Department:
- Issues contractor registrations (City Squared), permits, and applications (City Squared)
- Reviews construction documents
- Performs inspections
- Enforces Code compliance on new and existing structures
- Facilitates the Board of Zoning Appeals (residential projects)
- Facilitates the Planning Commission (commercial projects)
Case Document Links
Planning Commission Case Documents
Board of Zoning Appeals Case Documents
For Right of Way, Sewer Repair, Curb Cut, and Street Cut permits, please visit the Service Department's page.